Friday, July 15, 2011

Farm Stand Buttermilk Donuts-Club Baked

This week, we are supposed to baked these donuts from the book. I am usually not a big fan of donuts, and have no desire to bake them. However, it was kinda fun. Its not hard, but the frying part is tricky. I think mine didn't turn out as great as I would have liked them to be, but next time would make it better. I had these cookie cutters handy so i used them to cut the donut shape and the hole:


Cookie cutters I used:




My least favorite part:


I used mint dark chocolate for the glaze. Overall it tastes okay but they need to be more fluffy or moist. 




5 comments:

Peter the Eater said...

Okay so I tasted the Linda's donuts..

I would say it is good. The dark chocolate and Mint with coconut was tasty. The donut dough can be better since the texture isn't densed like a buttermilk donut. I think maybe it is because it wasn't deep fried quick enough.

Yummy enough for me to have seconds...

k.a.r.e.n said...

Very nice glaze you used + shredded coconut, right? Thanks for joining the group... looking forward to many more BAKE-alongs!

Stephanie said...

I like the scalloped edges you have! Cute. Oh and mint dark chocolate sounds outstandinggg - great idea!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

So glad you baked along! I'm a total sucker for doughnuts. How funny, I used the same set of scalloped cutters for my second attempt at making these with the mini donuts. The scallop edge completely disappeared on mine. Great idea to use chocolate mint. Yum.

Tessa said...

My donuts turned out rather flat too. Not sure where I went wrong there. Glad you baked along!

Post a Comment